Thursday, May 10, 2012

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

genre: young adult

Clara's visions have started.  She keeps seeing the same scene, in different snippets, and she knows that her purpose is being revealed to her.  Knowing that she is part-angel also means that she knows a piece of her destiny has already been decided.  There is something she was BORN to do and her visions are the key. So much so, that her family uproots and moves in order to make sure she is in the right place at the right time.  When, in this new place, Clara she sees the boy from her vision, she's certain things are going to begin falling in place.  Except, they sort of don't - and Clara has to figure out how much of her destiny is her own choosing.

Okay, this was awesome.  Like, ignore the family and the house to finish reading, awesome.  The angel lore and the paranormal world that's been set up have enough detail and uniqueness that I didn't feel like it was exactly the same story I've already read ten times (although I admit, I have steered away from reading TOO many angel stories, so it may feel redundant to some readers, I don't know).  It doesn't hurt that the love triangle was fantastic and wonderfully romantic.  The mother-daughter relationship felt solid and yet realistic. I am trying to think of something I DIDN'T like.  There wasn't any particular character that drove me crazy and I am actually really interested in what happens next. 

note: if you're interested in the content of the books I read, please go to http://ratedreads.com

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like the perfect book for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...