Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe

genre: children's literature

Remember Bunnicula?  I read that one outloud a couple years ago.  Now that we are finally settled into our new house, I gave myself some minutes for more readaloudtimes. My eight year old thought this one sounded good - probably because we had loved the first book so much.

Here is the problem:  I can't even think of a plot to summarize for you.  It's all the same characters with the addition of a rather hyperactive and charismatic dog whose antics did my make son laugh outloud on more than one occasion.  But not much happens.  Bunnicula is sick, I guess, but the story just sort of leads no where.  I was surprisingly disappointed with how not excited I was to read it.  Although, I should be fair, my son was always interested and wanted more chapters each night.  This one seems to be a better fit for the younger crowd.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...