Sunday, April 27, 2014

Re-read: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

genre: paranormal

Actually, this was a re-listen.  Although I didn't listen the first time, I've been told by two very trusted reader friends that I MUST listen to these amazing books. And what do you know?  They were totally right.

The third book in this trilogy is out now and even though I am a staunch opposer to re-reading (I have so little time!) this time I actually wanted to because I enjoyed Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Days of Blood and Starlight so much.  I almost think I liked it BETTER this time, not just because the narrator was amazing and listening to it was such a different experience. Reading them again also reminded me of things I'd forgotten and, especially, made my understanding deeper, because some things I DID remember and reading the beginning when you know the ending can really shed some light.

These books still brought tears to my eyes, once in each book. Not sobbing grief so much as feeling TOUCHED.  I just CARE about these characters, their heartache and what they are trying to do.  I am as anxious to know how it ends now as I was before, maybe more so :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did the same thing in reverse - listened to them then reread them before Dreams of Gods & Monsters came out. I kept hearing the amazing accents in my head when I was reading :) amazing audio for a phenomenal trilogy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...