Sunday, January 11, 2015

Board Book Review: Pictivities by Meg and Corbin Frost

genre: board book for toddlers

I was given a copy of this book to review.

What do my two year old twins love?  Interacting with me.  Being close.  BOOKS.  When I sat down with the book Pictivities for the first time, I didn't know what I'd started.  The first page has a candle on it.  It tells me to touch it but then blow on my fingers and say "HOT!"  I helped my babies do this.  Then we had to shiver with cold, pretend to eat an apple, get a "hurtie" on a nail and tickle a spider.  My sons ATE THIS UP.  I mean, could not get ENOUGH of this book. My husband and I will read it to them until WE are done because they never get done!  Really.  Sometimes I hide it to get a little break :)  I love that it's so interactive, they are laughing their heads off at their silly daddy pretending he's a monster or that he's hurt his finger on a nail.  It's neat that now they KNOW what to do on a page and don't even need us to tell them.

My only complaint is that I don't completely love all the illustrations - the baby doesn't look super babyish to me, although my sons will pet his head and snore right along with him anyway :)  GREAT fun!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...