Saturday, September 26, 2015

Season of Storms by Susanna Kearsley

genre: paranormal mystery

Celia is an actress.  Well, she wants to be a real actress and has only ever really walked on until she is given the chance of a lifetime - to travel to Italy to perform in a special production of a play never before staged.  Italy, however, is full of secrets and from the moment she arrives, there is not only drama in rehearsal, but drama in her life as well, with people disappearing and one particular guest causing more than her fair share of trouble.

Yes, there is a brooding love interest and yes there is a little bit of paranormal intrigue.  But I enjoyed this in the same way that I enjoy all of Susanna's books.  They entertain me and are well written without ever wasting my time.  This one doesn't have the same sort of two-time-period element that I like better, it's more of a mystery, but it was still a good read.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...