Thursday, November 12, 2015

Rebel Wing by Tracy Banghart

genre: ya fiction

Aris is a flyer, she lives and breathes her wing jet and is far more comfortable in the sky than she is on earth, where the affects of an old illness have left her weak and unstable. But when war reaches its tentacles into her private life and suddenly Calix, the man she loves most, is preparing to leave, all the things that SEEMED important have faded.  What matters most is being near Calix, and if that means giving up everything and joining the army as a man, it feels worth it.

Hmmm.  I tried this once and it bored me so I stopped.  I tried it a second time and got in a bit further and did get invested in Aris's story.  I'm not sure why it didn't connect with me very well.  The plot is Yentl-like, obviously, with her pretending to be a man in a man's world.  I think maybe it was just too predictable.  I don't want to spoil but I guessed just about every other main plot point in the story. But it wasn't an un-interesting story, and there was one plot twist that caught me by surprise.  I care enough to go read about what happened to them but not to actually pay money to read the following books.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...