Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Parent Hacks: 134 Genius Shortcuts for Life with Kids by Asha Dornfest

genre: parenting

I have five kids.  My youngest two are three year old twin boys.

You can probably imagine my life.

I have followed the Parent Hacks blog for a while now, even searching specific problems to see if other parents out there have good solutions (they almost always do!).  When I saw that the blog author was publishing a book, I knew I wanted to read it.

As soon as I opened the first page, I knew this book was a winner, and not just for the content.  The format is genius - fun illustrations, actual highlighting to give you the gist of the idea, perfect for a parent with little brain space.  The hacks are organized by topic (sleeping, feeding, traveling etc) to help if you are just thinking about a specific issue you're dealing with.

I found myself dog-earring pages with things that can help me even now with my boys.  Of course, they wouldn't ALL work for me now and they don't all apply to my life now either but still, even at age 3.5, there are lots of helpful tips.

You know what I wish?

That someone had given me this book at my first baby shower, fifteen years ago.  Several of the hacks in this book I already used because someone along the way gave me the tip but so many would've been helpful if only I'd KNOWN!  I think this is my new favorite shower gift for a first time Mom, even just to help remind you that creativity counts with parenting - we're all winging it!

Great idea for a book and great presentation.

I'm a fan.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...